Monday, August 11, 2008

Look what I did!

Except that I have no pictures to show you! :) I've been feeling soooo busy, and yes, a little burned out on 24/7 with 4 kiddos, and I just haven't had the energy to bring out the camera lately. But I have done some cool stuff lately!

I made the "Charming Handbag" from Amy Karol's book , Bend the Rules Sewing, and I have to say, it IS quite charming, and I'm quite proud of it, considering I am a complete newbie when it comes to sewing. The girls totally want me to make them one too, and the biggest wants to make one herself! Wouldn't it be great if I had a picture to show you?

We went berry picking, and picked a big 'ole flat of marionberries yesterday afternoon, and today, I made a pie, and about 10 jars of various sizes of jam. Mmmm, mmmm. Can't you just imagine all the artsy shots of that?!

I started a Flickr account to keep all my pictures in one spot online, and also to join crafty groups, and learn more about photography. Its really a photography wonderland! I haven't even figured out what all I can do there, but I like it. I like it a lot. So, at least you can check out some of my older pictures all in one place if you just gotta have some photos from me!

*Sigh* Does it make me a bad mom that I am just getting so, so tired of constant kid management? For my homeschooling readers, please don't be discouraged, and "don't hate me"...but I am so looking forward to school starting! I know, savor the moments and all that.

I think I need a moment (or two) of time to myself!

Argh. Enough complaining. I love my kids. Love my life.

Pictures coming soon!

Calgon, take me awaaaaaaaaaay!!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

You are an amazing mom!!!!

Wow, you have been busy! Next Summer, when we're all settled in the new house, I will stock our pantry with homemade canned goods.
I can't wait to see your bag! If you go to the market today please bring it. Maybe you can teach me how to sew...